Additional considerations speeches, presenting papers
• Will the press be there? If so, you must consider what they might perceive to be controversial.
o Will you be taped?
o Will the tapes be distributed?
You must give written permission. Decline if you wish.
Things you should do
• Do speak to the coordinators of the event
• Do visit the site.
• Do determine the listeners and/or learners’ level of technical knowledge.
• Do use the listeners and/or learners’ Checklist immediately.
• Do read the program.
Things you should not do
• Don’t take anything for granted.
• Don’t plan this event according to your last one.
• Don’t guess the site logistics.
• Don’t put off using the listeners and/or learners’ Checklist