• How important are eyes when greeting customers?
- – 45% of interaction time looking at eyes
– We establish relationships with our eyes
– Eye behavior:
• influences attitude change & persuasion
• indicates degree of interest
• expresses emotions
• regulates interaction
• indicates power
• forms impressions in others
Occasionally, you will receive a business card from a visitor. The best thing to do when this happens is to say thank you and spend a moment reviewing the card. Then place it out of the way. You may find you can use it in the future, or you may dispose of it. When greeting customers, you should use your attending skills.
Make certain your eyes, ears and body are open to what is happening. Use a genuine smile and an enthusiastic voice.