Individual Development Plan:REVIEWING THE IDP
1. Are the employee’s goals realistic based on your assessment of the employee’s capabilities and past performance?
2. Are the employee’s goals consistent with our office/division needs, core competencies, and organization goals?
3. Do the proposed developmental activities support the employee’s goals?
4. Has the employee considered a full range of potential developmental activities, including self-study, on-the-job training, seminars, workshops, professional society meetings and conferences, details, and special assignments?
5. Do the developmental activities address performance improvement areas noted in the most recent performance appraisal?
6. Are any additional developmental activities needed to address upcoming changes in responsibilities and planned assignments or to maximize cross training of the staff?
7. Is the level of proposed developmental activities reasonable given the anticipated workload?
8. Are proposed developmental activities within the employee’s capabilities?