Qualities of a valuable receptionist
- • A talent for solving a wide range of company business problems
• An aptitude for internalizing the general knowledge of a company’s business
• The dexterity of adapting the perspective of many individuals
• Be a good listener; effective communication cannot occur if it is one-sided.
• Ask questions. Questions suggest interest and the ability to figure out the problem.
• Offer curiosity. It is a good idea to listen while someone talks about himself or herself. The information gathered can be useful in future interactions.
• Be sincere. People can tell when they are being manipulated.
Excellent receptionist qualities are middle of the road
- • Staying in the middle allows the customer a comfort zone
• Too far to one side or the other puts the customer off
• Everyone wants
The following is a summary of additional qualities of a receptionist:
A talent for solving a wide range of company business problems
When approached with questions, a receptionist:
- • Diagnoses problems
• Creates the next step
An aptitude for internalizing the general knowledge of a company’s
General knowledge of your company’s business means:
- • Awareness of customers’ and clients’ needs
• Facts about customers’ expectations
• A working knowledge of the products and services a
• company delivers
• Knowledge of company policies relating to customers and
• Telephone competency
• Familiarity with the primary software used by the company
• Knowledge of basic record-keeping principles used by the
• How to Be An Outstanding Receptionist
• A sense of the company or the power distribution within the