Training providers in South Africa must apply for SETA Accreditation with an Education and Training Quality Assurance (ETQA) body under the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) through the different SETA bodies.
SETA Accredited Training Providers has to offer unit standards and/or qualifications that fall within the primary focus area of the ETQAbody of the relevant Sector Education and Training Authority – SETA or professional body. They also have to be registered with the DHET (since 1 July 2017)
Requirements to become a SETA Accredited Training Provider:
- The programmes (and/or assessments) offered by the education and training provider must culminate in unit standards and/or qualifications registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
- The curriculum (design, content and learning materials) is aligned to the unit standards and/or qualifications.
- There are suitably qualified staff (facilitators and registered assessors).
- The learners have access to adequate learning support services.
- The assessment methods and tools used to measure the requirements for the unit standard and/or qualification are fair, valid and reliable, and are used to enhance learning.
The main steps in the accreditation process to become a SETA Accredited Training Provider:
- The Training Provider determines primary focus
- The SETA Quality Assurance Management Division requirements are compiled by the provider
- The Training Provider completes and submits an online application form for accreditation
- A compliance check is conducted by SETA and the provider receives a notification of compliance / non-compliance
- The Training Provider responds to the notification if necessary
- A site visit is scheduled and conducted by a SETA ETQA evaluator
- The evaluator sends his/her report to SETA
- The evaluation report is quality assured and the report indicating the status of accreditation is sent to the provider. Where applicable, areas of remediation will be detailed in the report.
- The Training Provider is required to respond to areas of remediation if necessary, and make the relevant submission.
- Confirm registration with the DHET>
Let us know if you interested in becoming a SETA Accredited Training Provider and we will contact you back!