Be aware of the latest elearning scams.
CREDIT CARD DETAILS
- Never enter your card details into a website. Any online payments should be directed to an accredited online merchant.
- Make sure the URL is secured and say HTTPS and not HTTP
- The website should direct to the URL below.
IT IS FREE
Is it really free or it it one of those scams where they:
- Harvest your personal information for other purposes.
- Offer the course at no cost, but ask a huge sum for the certificate.
ENTERING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Research the company and make sure that your personal information is stored security:
- Banking and account details should not be stored on their website.
- What is the purpose of uploading personal information, such as your billing and employment details if this will not be reflected on your certificate.
- For how long will your details be stored online.
- Does the website make sure of all the security features to keep your information safe?
LOOK FOR REFERENCES
Best way to validate an online provider is to check for references:
- Do a simple “google” search for the company reviews.
- Follow them on social media and check-out their reviews.